Oral and Poster Abstract Submissions
Individual oral and poster sessions entail contributions by individual members from the ISEK community.
Submissions are open September 15, 2021 – January 10, 2022
Submit an Abstract
All submitters are required to be a member of ISEK and will require the username and password associated with the membership in order to access the submission form. If potential submitters are not currently a member, joining instructions are listed below.
Become an ISEK member to save on your congress registration and submit an abstract!
Submissions now closed
Individual oral and poster submissions are open from September 15, 2021 – January 10, 2022
Please note, no further extensions will be provided
Individual (oral and poster) submissions are invited in the following subject areas (themes):
- AI, Data Fusion, and Machine Learning
- Brain Imaging
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Electrical Myostimulation
- Modelling and Signal Processing
- Motor Control and Motor Learning
- Motor Disorders
- Motor Units
- Muscle Synergy
- Neuromuscular Imaging
- Robotic Rehabilitation
- Sports Sciences and Motor Performance
- Wearable Sensors & IoT
Individual Submission Guidelines
- All submitters must be members of ISEK. Membership will also provide a reduction in registration fees – click here to become a member today!
- Select a Presentation format: Oral or Poster If you submit a proposal for an oral and are unsuccessful, your submission will be considered for a poster
- Prepare to enter your contact name, affiliation/institution name and email address.
- Prepare an abstract title (max 255 character limit, including spaces).
- Prepare the abstract (max 3000 character limit, including spaces – approximately 500 words).
- Submit the abstract via ISEK’s online abstract management system. Please note, when submitting the abstract cut and paste it from a text editor (ie. notepad, wordpad) to ensure it does not include underlying formatting that may cause errors.
Submitters will be notified by mid-February 2022 as to the acceptance of their submission. If you do not hear from us by February 28, 2022, please contact us via email and include your abstract ID number.
All individual oral presentations will be 12 minutes in total:
9 minutes for presenting research
3 minutes of questions and discussion
There will be two co-chairs in each meeting room to ensure presentation times are kept within the above limit.
The meeting room will be equipped with:
- Projector and screen (please use wide 16:9 ratio slides)
- Lectern microphone
- Laser pointer
Please supply your own laptop for your talk. You must supply all the necessary equipment (including Mac adapters etc).
Please make sure to test your presentation at least 30 minutes in advance of your talk, to ensure that all slides/images/videos are working properly.
There is a designated poster session each day. In addition to this session refreshment breaks will be held in the poster hall, to facilitate more time for posters. Poster presenters are welcome to attend their poster during the break times to maximize the time the poster is on display.
Poster size will be confirmed closer to the meeting dates.
- Keep text to a minimum & ensure text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
Removal of posters at the end of the display period is the responsibility of the author(s). Posters not removed by the deadline will be removed and disposed of by meeting staff.