The ISEK Fellowship is the highest honour bestowed on a member of ISEK.
This Fellowship recognizes scientists that have contributed outstanding service to both our scientific discipline, and to the Society. To qualify for the ISEK Fellowship, scientists must be a current member of ISEK who has contributed to the organization through leadership and/or service. They must also have demonstrated outstanding contribution, and frequent and sustained efforts toward productivity or advancement of research, clinical practice, or education in the fields of electrophysiology and/or kinesiology, or related health care/science fields.
ISEK Fellows Nominations 2024
Open: June 1st – August 1st, 2023
ISEK invites nominations for Fellows of the Society. This honor recognizes scientists that have contributed outstanding service to both our scientific discipline, and to the Society.
A current member of ISEK who:
- Contributed to the organization through leadership and/or service that reflects the mission and ideals of ISEK,
- Demonstrated outstanding contribution, and frequent and sustained efforts toward productivity or advancement of research, clinical practice, or education in the fields of electrophysiology and/or kinesiology, for a period of not less than 15 years preceding the nomination for election.
The individual must:
- Be nominated by a member of ISEK. Self-nomination is also accepted.
- Have been a member of ISEK for a total of at least six years at the time of application for Fellowship
- Have verifiable supporting documentation of achievements, including current curriculum vita
Please note: Nominees cannot be a member of the ISEK Council at the time that the nomination is considered
- Productivity/Advancement of the field can be defined as evidence of activities (including but not limited to receiving Society honors and awards; publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals; publication of books or book chapters; invited national and international lectures, addresses, symposia, and workshops; acquisition of research grants) that have contributed to the growth or development of any aspect of electrophysiology or kinesiology by impacting the science, clinical practice, or education in the field(s)
- Advancement in education may be demonstrated by activities or publications that affected either the broad scope of educational theory and practice or that had a focused one-time or long-term effect in a specific content area of education, such as basic science or clinical education in electrophysiology and kinesiology.
- Advancement in practice may be demonstrated with clinical, administrative, or education activities such as: the publication of articles and book chapters, holding and effectively using a significant position that impacts the broad scope of practice, invitations to present practice-related lectures and clinics or recognition by contract, grant, or achievement awards, in electrophysiology and kinesiology.
To nominate an individual or self-nominate, please submit the following:
- A letter of nomination from an ISEK member in good standing
- CV of the nominee
- List of specific contributions the nominee has made to the Society (max 1 page)
Nominations are due by August 1st, 2023
|University of Twente
|Politecnico di Torino
|University of New Brunswick
|University of Colorado Boulder
|University of Birmingham
|The University of Queensland